View Single Post
Old 01-25-20, 10:29 PM
AliH

Bikes: Mike Kowal Aravis Touring bike, 1952 Claud Butler Massed Start, 1959 Dawes Red feather, 1975 Carlton Criterium, 1997 Specialized Rockhopper, Bianchi Merlo MiniVelo

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 31 Posts
Bored of my usual routes I looked for some new terrain

My usual weekly ride is restricted to a couple of hours on a Sunday morning before church and before it gets too hot in the Cambodian sun. Normally there are 3 routes that I alternate to escape Phnom Penh (but I am pretty bored of them!)

So occasionally I go out on a Saturday morning instead when I have time more to explore and look for new interesting places outside the city.

Yesterday I detoured off one of the bigger roads and skirted round the Prime Minister's own private golf course then headed over to ride along Anlong Chen island which I was unfamiliar with.

Most roads are concrete but there is a smattering of trendy gravel (which the Cambodians have been dealing with since before it was trendy!) Some of the bigger roads are tarmac.

The pics are mostly at the ferry crossing including the jetty, a SUV rolling on and one of the engine for all you grease-heads out there. The bike is my 1982 Bridgestone Eurasia.