stardognine
Partially Sane.

Bikes: Soma Saga, pre-disc

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by Son_Rising
Pedals! The Deore pedals on the HKEK are incredible. They are so smooth and the traction is excellent.

You also mention Sakae. The bike I tuned-up and cleaned last night is an old steel Fuji CX-350. It has a Sakae crank-set on it, otherwise mostly Shimano. The bike is a wonderful mixte steel frame. Truthfully, it didn't look like much, but surprised the heck out of me because it tuned up so fast, cleaned right up too. It's crisp, quick and comfortable. It's a joy to ride! I'll take it out again today for awhile.

My wife was a little concerned when I brought these bikes home, but now she loves them too.
Yep, the world would be much happier, if we had more decent-quality platform pedals. 🤡 😉

Man, I had some crappy luck today though, to keep me humble, I guess. I ran over an old piece of carpet (hidden by weeds), while walking my bike through the corner of a field. Somehow, it became unraveled enough to get tangled up in my rear derailleur pulleys. It was way more hassle to straighten out, than you’d think. 🤔

But, a crappy day makes you appreciate the good ones more, right? 😁😉