Old 01-29-20, 03:50 PM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Tom Simpson anyone?

Dies while doped up in a race..........gets monument on mountain. RIP, but the hypocrisy between American and Euro views on this topic IMHO are pretty crap. Americans cheat and make a historic run on what's traditionally a Euro party and whoa whoa whoa.

Lance was a turd all around no doubt about it, but if we're going to get all into it..........what about all the Euro cheats? I mean, c'mon, the doctors and clinics and origins were there. Girona, Ferrari, etc.... He drank deep from the well, he didn't dig it himself. How many other victories of people should be vacated? How many could even be vacated posthumously given the evidence?

The other tragedy, Pantani...........national hero........heroes funeral.........doper.

Now, those two raced together.
Honest question: was doping against the rules when Tom Simpson did it?

Aside from that, I agree that if credible evidence is available, people caught cheating should have to vacate their applicable titles and certainly shouldn't be worshipped like some riders apparently are.
Having said that, I don't detest most cheaters the way I feel about Lance... simply because, as others have said, they generally aren't terrible people and in particular, they don't destroy the careers of people for simply telling the truth.
Likes For OBoile: