View Single Post
Old 01-30-20, 07:58 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1852 Post(s)
Liked 679 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by wktmeow

Slighty OT, but I picked up some real running shoes yesterday for the first time in my life and wow what a difference! They make the concrete feel like a treadmill, much less stress on the joints. Does anyone work running in with cycling? Hoping to do 1-2 runs per week so that I can replace a ride with a run when I'm back at work and have limited time. Just not sure what days are good to mix it in. I was thinking of placing them on shorter z2 days and keeping the heart rate under like 145-150 and keeping distance to 5 miles or less.
Which shoes?

I generally despise running. (Well, I despise the first mile, then I kind of settle in, but that first mile, ugh. It's enough to never want to run, but I digress.) But I'm intrigued by those new Nikes that have the super foam and carbon spring sole that are leading to all sorts of records being destroyed. It's too bad they are so expensive. I'm not willing to toss a few hundred bucks down just to see what they are like. Also, Nikes generally fit me like crap.