View Single Post
Old 01-31-20, 10:58 AM
Batstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 175 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Pahana
Yesterday I was riding around and stopped by PortaPedal in Tempe AZ. When I went inside there was a guy talking to Al the owner with a Burke. We got friendly and he only wanted me to try his bike. I never asked to try the shop in stock model because I knew I wasn't going to buy one and wanted to keep the bike looking new. After he asked me like 3 or 4 times to take out the bike I said alright. I figured that this bike was just an over priced beautiful toy and no big deal. I admit to being very wrong about my prejudices about this bike. I've tried 3 Bike Fridays 2 Moultons owned a Tern X10 and still have 2 Bromptons a Dahon and a CarryMe. This bike was at a different level than all the folding bikes I've rode before. This bike was so solid and fast you wouldn't know you were riding a folding bike. I put this out there for anyone thinking of buying a Burke. I admit to feeling a little less enthusiastic about my Bromptons after that ride. If I had the money to burn on a Burke I'd go for it. I can't stress how solid a ride the bike felt underneath me. As I told him it felt like a full size road bike and better than most.
That Burke truly is a marvelous piece of engineering not only from a functional/aesthetic viewpoint but my attention is also drawn towards the small details with special regards to packing, eg. custom foam padding to shield components and internal luggage supports. Tres cool!

Instructions ? Seattle Cycles

It's certainly appealing to me in many other respects if it simply wasn’t for the price point. Just my thoughts, FWIW. FYI, that's well over 6700 Cdn.loonies of lovingly handcrafted space age material!