Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Noonievut
Here is an update as of Jan 3 2020:

- was off the antibiotic for a while and still had the issue mentioned above
- continue to take the natural path supplements
​​​​​​- started pelvic floor physio, focused on relaxing and stretching muscles in this area...while initially they were reasonably tight, they’ve loosened somewhat and this seems to have alleviated the original issue (last seven days), though too soon to conclude on anything
- off the bike 6 weeks now, and will resume riding in the next two weeks (new SMP saddle)
- after riding several times I’ll provide an update here (hopefully a good one)
Update as if Feb 8/20
- with how quickly the pelvic floor physio worked my natural path doctor (who was treating me for possible prostate issues, as well as constipation) she now wonders if it was never my prostate but rather very tight pelvic floor muscles that caused a bunch of issues
- annoying cycling thing is I got outside for a ride the other day, and those muscles were very tight for days after (didn’t go to the bathroom for two days, and the pelvic stretches I had been doing were very painful)
- indoor riding in last month never led to this, so it could be the ongoing, jarring of riding outside
- both the physiotherapist and natural path doctor each said the same thing without talking (riding may be leading to tight pelvic floor muscles, which led to the symptoms noted above)
- won’t really know anything more conclusively until I can ride outside more often and for longer times