View Single Post
Old 02-12-20, 02:24 PM
polyphrast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
It looks like my setup with sloped profile rims and no braking track might not be ideal for that though I'd considered a tire Dynamo to avoid the whole building an extra wheel. If they're reliable enough for day to day use that changes some things. I've only had experience with cheap old bottle dynamos on Sears 3sp specials so I don't know what to expect from them. Thanks for the link though, some good info there.
From what i've read in forums and reviews, the velogicals are pretty reliable (unless very icy...). conventional sidewall dynos just destroy the tire, if you press them to hard to the tire. The velogical can press much stronger against the rim without damaging anything.
Just send an email to them, if you like the concept, to inquire whether it'd work with your rim. The guys are pretty helpful (i once inquired about their e-bike-motors)

Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
On flat ground I get about 2 watts of power on average out of my Sinewave Revolution charger into my power bank, assuming some stop lights, etc.
Depending on the harvester model, you can get a lot more power from the dyno, even at reasonable 20 km/h: see this graph (taken from this site, with the originals coming from fahrradzukunft.de).

Originally Posted by Russ Roth
[...]Based on some of the advice here and some of the links to read I'm now leaning towards the B+M IQ2 Luxos which is a 90 lux light with handlebar remote that also has a USB port.[...]
In that overview, they also mention the Axa Luxx 70 Plus as a light with USB port, and it even has a switch to select whether you want light or charging. Here is a review of this lamp

Last edited by polyphrast; 02-12-20 at 02:29 PM.