Cadence
power

Screen 2:
time lapsed
time of day
weather
elevation
Profiles
I have two bikes with separate profiles, and a trainer profile--this has the GPS turned off. I made a hiking profile, but the 1030 just won't work when walking, it reports about half the distance I walked.

Changing screen data fields:
This can even be done while riding (but don't get too distracted, stopping would be a good idea!) Press and hold the data field. Now you can press a different data field on the screen and swap the two positions. Or press the triangle in the top right of the field box and go through the menus of all data items. Select a different one to plug in there. Easy.

Road bike screens:
I mostly use the map screen, switching to screen 1 or screen 4 as needed.

Screen 1:
--- MPH ---
timer | distance
3s power | heart rate
30s power | cadence
grade | time of day

Screen 2:
The route map with speed and 3s power at the bottom.

Screen 3. I check this occasionally while riding: Dist to destination works great when I have a route loaded.
dist to next | NP
dist to dest | kjoules
HR | avg speed
total ascent | max speed
battery% | temperature

Screen 4: elevation chart. ( I turned off the built-in climbing popup notifcation screen, I don't like it. this one is better)
If a route is loaded, this shows the previous 0.5 mile elevation chart, and the upcoming 1.5 miles. It's really nice to see that the next climb is short and steep, and then there's a long downhill. I know when I can go all out or have to save some for later. Really helpful on fast group rides.
It shows the current grade and 10 sec power at the bottom.

Screen 5: also for climbing. I'll only use this on long climbs where pacing will help. I like to press the Lap button before a huge climb to see how far and how long I've climbed on it.
grade% | power
VAM | lap distance
30s VAM | 10 sec power
HR | 30 sec power
Cadence | lap timer
The VAM climbing rate has huge swings, it's not very useful. And 30 sec VAM doesn't help too much either.

Last edited by rm -rf; 02-12-20 at 04:04 PM.
Likes For rm -rf: