View Single Post
Old 02-13-20, 08:10 PM
nun

Bikes: Rivendell Quickbeam, Rivendell Rambouillet, Rivendell Atlantis, Circle A town bike, De Rosa Neo Primato, Cervelo RS, Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
nun, Im one of those who absolutely loves podcasts etc for long car drives, but I just cant bring myself to use earbuds while riding my bike.

but no matter.
if you follow the tour de france etc, one of the best podcasts to follow of all pro racing is The Cycling Podcast. They do daily pods from the three grand tours, and other great stuff. Brits of course, and very well done.
and of course, I listen to podcasts on other topics and sports that I follow, F1, motogp, tv series etc , but just cant do it riding. Same with music--I get the whole thing of how music affects our mood and all that, its fantastic, but for some reason, I just cant do it, dont like the distraction while riding--and I always use a helmet mounted mirror tokeep track of stuff behind me, and believe its an essential tool to use.
Remember, I come from a motorcycle background from a teenage time, so defensive driving or riding is the top priority, and essential to me whether its riding to work in Montreal or on some tight road in Mexico....
I'm all for defensive riding. I did the "cycling proficiency" test in the UK back in the early 1970s and I have kept up the habits of following rules of the road, attention to surroundings and signaling. I don't find that music in my right ear is much of a distraction at all.

​​​​​​