View Single Post
Old 02-17-20, 02:48 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10965 Post(s)
Liked 7,492 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by oik01
Yes ... I am using a speed sensor on my wheel. I don't have a powermeter. Roadtrainer knows the resistance of some trainers so it can approximate power from the speed of the wheel by knowing the usual resistance of said trainer. The sportneer isn't one of those trainers so I was wondering if someone figured out which of the trainers that roadtrainer knows the resistance for is closest ( that way I can cheat by setting up as if I am on that particular trainer and get a decent estimate)
No idea - I doubt there is a published comparable...but at the same time this is the internet, so who knows. Anyways, I would try the Cycleops Fluid 2 trainer and see what that gets you for speed and resistance.
Zwift is hardly real life- everyone that I know who uses it(admittedly small amount) and I are all faster on Zwift that real life, and we use different brand trainers. A couple are smart, a few are dumb, and all are faster than actually riding.
All this is only bad if you are racing and affect others by being faster than you actually would be with a compatible trainer.

If the trainer you use seems close enough for you to feel like the work you put in is relatively accurate to the results you see, then perfect. If it isnt, then its easy to change and select a different trainer at the log-in screen.