Old 02-17-20, 09:01 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 179 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5915 Post(s)
Liked 3,568 Times in 2,121 Posts
Originally Posted by gugie
I bought this frame at Eroica last year. I checked out the Saturday flea market, left without buying anything and rode back to il Palazzo where @Andy_K asked why I didn't buy the Le Champion frame that was in my side. I raised my hand, Andy threw me his keys, and I went back to pick it up. This 3 day weekend I decided to put it together. The wheel didn't sit centered in the fork, a bit of massaging with the standard tools of persuasion fixed that. I pulled and cleaned the BB, then welded locktited the fixed cup, as I'd seen Andy unwind a couple french BB's in the past couple of years. The frame came with Campy BB and HS, which made life a bit easier. I bought a 7 speed IRD freewheel and new tires, other than that it was a parts bin build. First ride today with Andy, needs a small tweak in the front derailleur, reused chain needs some oil, but other than that it's a quick handling, swift climber. Some particulars: VO 50.4 BCD crankset, 46-30, SunTour barcons, SunTour Cyclone first gen GT rear derailleur, Gen 2 front derailleur. Mavic G40 rims, Rene Herse 700c x 32mm tires. Nitto 44mm wide bars, Technomic stem that fit into the metric steerer without mod. Brooks Imperial saddle.

First ride today was with Andy up our Bald Peak route. Andy brought his 7 iron.
That's a good looking bike. What kind of loctite did you use for the fixed cup?