View Single Post
Old 02-04-06, 02:04 PM
hardride
Road Warrior

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks all! Great advice, and insight, schematics for wiring, etc.... Let the wiring begin!

I have viewed the website posted above (it was one of many while researching) thanks.

To clarify; I will likely run the 20w most often and solo. The 35w in special situations, only as needed. I may never need both on nor want both on for very long but want the option just in case. As stated by Ken the battery wont last long with both turned on and as MacG said it may be overkill. But this is a learning exerience and it's part of the fun....

It's been awhile since I've done anything like this (not that it's all that hard) but I seem to recall needing switches that can handle a certain load. Is this true?

I have some old (I think low voltage?) switches I used to use for wiring guitar electronics. Perhaps they will work if voltage is not an issue. If so they may be a good option (for all) as they are very small.

Also looking for some sort of quick release mechanism for easily putting the lights on and off the bike. Got some Cat Eye QR light brackets on order. They may be adaptable toward my setup. I'll let you know.

I'll post a picture or two when it's done.

Thanks again.

Geo