Old 02-20-20, 09:01 AM
kermisking

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
additional tommasini dating info

Hi all Tommasini fans ,

I don't know if I have shared this before but here are a few things I have observed ; I think around 1990 Tommasini started to use an internal conduit to help guide the rear internal brake cable through the top tube . From frames I have actually owned the ones with this feature will have the Silva cable cover ART 141 which is similar in looks to the original design but will have a diamond shaped flange where it joins to the top tube. The internal tube makes it very easy to run the cable through . This feature seems to have also seen standardisation of the cable going in at the 12 o'clock position at the front and rear. Country codes on the bottom bracket shell generally are easy to de-cipher if you are the original owner , I have seen US , IRL and GB . One that Barbara told me about on a recent visit to Grosetto was " VP " which stands for Van peteghem the one time Belgian importer . Van Peteghem's shop is in St Niklaas Belgium , I bought a late model Prestige there . The 1996 Belgian pro team RDM-Zetelhallen raced on lugged Tommasini techno frames yellow in colour and were a successful team on the Kermis circuit. Looking at the Information that all the brilliant detective work of forum members have provided I would say Kevindale's faded red Tommasini was immediately pre Prestige and a nd when the air forks came in that became the Prestige. Yes great riding bikes hard not to like , cheers Kermisking.