View Single Post
Old 02-20-20, 09:41 AM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by willibrord
The science of nutrition and training is changing in interesting ways. Years of low fat high carb propaganda starting with Ancel Keys has gone out the window with the revelation that a keto type diet
not only helps people to lose weight more quickly and keep it off, but can cure metabolic syndrome and diabetes. It takes along time to overcome entrenched habits and thinking, and the cycling world has been slow to adapt.
I urge people to do their own due diligence, if I post links I will be accused of being a shill.
And yet virtually every elite endurance athlete has very little belly fat and follows a diet that is at least moderately high in carbs. Those that have tried Keto have generally abandoned it and the consensus is that it isn't appropriate for high intensity endurance performance.

Had you simply said "I've had success with Keto, perhaps you should consider it" no one would argue with you. But you never miss an opportunity to say it's the only way, despite clear evidence to the contrary.