Old 04-25-03, 01:42 PM
Neil G.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
New member from NW suburban Chicago

Hi all,

I've been lurking (and learning) here for a while, and figured it was about time to finally register.

I guess I've basically been riding my whole life, generally to get from here to there, while just occasionally riding for the sake of riding. But it was only relatively recently (two years ago, when I began commuting to work) that I really discovered that biking was still a "strange" enough thing for communities and support groups like this to be formed around it.

I just got a new (well, 2001) Cannondale T800 a couple weeks ago. I intend to use it as my summer commuter, as well as a long distance tourer. I'm planning on riding to Atlanta and back in September, so now I'm busy collecting all the "stuff" I'll need for it (it'll be my first attempt at a trip like that).

My other bike is a Specialized Crossroads hybrid (several years old, before they turned that into their comfort/cruiser line). It's currently in a million pieces as I'm doing a complete overhaul to make up for a total lack of care and overabundance of abuse given to it while communting through two salty winters.

I remember when I first starting reading these forums, I saw that a lot of people owned more than one bike, and that was a concept I'd never even considered. Why would anyone ever need more than one bike?!? Well, I've reached the point where I have more than one (and worse, it now seems perfectly normal!), so that's probably why I finally went ahead and registered....now I'm just as much of a dork as everyone else here!

Neil