Old 02-21-20, 12:40 AM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by asgelle
Do you have any evidence to refute the theory that the shop offered to replace the tube and the woman refused?

This isn't even the usual one-sided story of how a shop messed up without hearing the shop's side of things. This is a no-sided story by someone not involved who has no idea what transpired and created a story out of whole cloth.
Based on the many details she did give me, I'm certain no mention was made of it.

The tube was bad. I can recognize stuff in sorry shape. I don't maintain stuff I don't have to -- by coincidence I literally wore my brakes to the rim tonight and stopped to replace the front pads on my way home. Last week, my FD cable failed because I tried to squeeze too much life out of it. There are other issues I choose to ride with that I would never recommend to someone who didn't know what they were doing.

I know what I saw, but despite frequenting god know how many bike shops over more than 40 years, I've never had one mount a tire for me. Btw, she headed for the shop after I got her rolling to show them the tube and ask questions.

Last edited by banerjek; 02-21-20 at 08:45 AM.