Old 02-21-20, 01:58 PM
NomarsGirl

Bikes: Specialized Ruby Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 314 Times in 165 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
The last time I was in Europe it was Italy with a small group of people from home. We were at the cycling "camp" run by a guy we know. One cold, wet morning some of us decided to take the bus from the village into town to catch a train to Venice for the day. Got on the bus and sat near the front. It was totally quiet. People were relaxing. Students were reading. Then the two really loud talkers in our group, who were seated on opposite sides of the bus against the windows decided to start a conversation across their mates and the aisle. My GF and I looked at each like "The stereotypical loud American tourist rears its ugly head." A female passenger in the front row started talking with the driver. I took a lot of Spanish in school, which helps me understand Italian a bit. From what I could gather, the driver and the woman made a bet as to whether we were from Canada or the U.S. Finally, the driver turns around and asks one of the women in our group. The woman responds. The driver says something to the female passenger and they both laugh. I think he won the bet.
If I don't get very far with the cows and the flies, Ican always declare that I am a jelly donut. It worked for Kennedy at the Berlin Wall.

Last edited by NomarsGirl; 02-21-20 at 02:07 PM.