Old 02-24-20, 09:20 AM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
I'm just going by what TKJava posted. I don't follow nor even know who Hambini is. I'm trying to point out to TKJava that the tolerances he posted are ridiculously tight. If he is error, he needs to check his information. If Hambini did post that kind of tolerance, he is asking for the absurd.
Hambini didn’t. The canyon he posted was off by tenths of a mm which is lightyears when it comes to pressfit. Here’s a screenshot:

I will openly admit to being a huge Hambini fan. I drink the kool-aid and use one of his Racing bottom brackets. I noticed a big difference. One of the better upgrades for the money.

I doubt he’s making a serious amount of money from his bottom bracket “business”, considering that many of them seem to be out of stock most of the time.

Yes, Hambini deals with the crappiest of each mfg. The best case scenario for a mfg is to never have a frame show up at his door. But the floor should not be this low. It’s fine for the occasional lemon to get manufactured - every process has a yield rate. It’s not OK for it to get past QC. Nope. Not even ONE. Checking these tolerances is easy, quick and probably automatable (if that’s a word). If a company is selling this to a consumer, they are OK selling this subpar crap. Even if 95% of people have 0 issues, how would you feel if you were one of those 5% who paid full price for a high end road bike and got crap?

Last edited by smashndash; 02-24-20 at 09:31 AM.
Likes For smashndash: