canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,804 Times in 1,801 Posts
Originally Posted by ExMachina
If you accept that perfection in manufacturing is not possible, then why expect perfection in QC?
An out-of-round bottom bracket shell like that would be quickly identified with a simple go/no-go gauge, similar to those used by military armorers and gunsmiths. Doesn't even require any special training to use.

And the Hambini video shows that the problem isn't just measurably out of round, it's visibly out of round.

Granted, he does tend to drone on and on rather profanely, so it's easy to miss the meat of his videos amid the noise. He and Raoul Luescher of Luescher Teknik could both use a video production consultant for a stock camera and lighting setup, and to contract out editing. I rarely watch any technique oriented video that's longer than 3-5 minutes, whether it's bike oriented or exercise demos.

That's why I appreciate concise videos like those by Bowflex for their specific types of exercises that don't require Bowflex machines. They're far better and more concise than 95% of the homebrewed physical therapy videos online.

The only bike oriented videos longer than 3-5 minutes that I'll pay attention to are from RJ the Bike Guy (who could still use a little tighter editing) and Park Tools (ditto). Both are very informative but tend to run longer than absolutely necessary.