Senior, Senior Member

Bikes: Canyon Ultimate

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by smashndash
Go to his channel and see the “community” page
Thanks for the pointer. It's really hard to tell what the context of the letter is as the email it is responding to is not included.

Best as we can tell from the discussion, it seems that Canyon was not given first crack at making it right, nor did the customer take Canyon up on their offer to let them (Canyon) inspect the frame. So even though Canyon offered, the customer never gave Canyon an opportunity to look at the frame first hand so it's not clear exactly what (if anything) Canyon would have done. In as far as it goes, it seems perfectly reasonable to not want to provide any promises without first seeing the defective frame in question.

Here's the letter Hambini posted (I'm going to delete the sender's name in case privacy is an issue here):
-------------------------------
Thank you for your email.

We would be happy to inspect the bike at the Canyon UK service centre but as you have taken steps to resolve the issue you were experiencing with the bottom bracket, it doesn't seem that there would be much for us to look at.

We certainly don't set out to exploit our customers, in fact Canyon aim to provide the best bike at the best price possible and I'm sure if you were to compare the price of our products with our competitors you will find that our bikes provide excellent value for money.

Our products meet all relevant safety standards and we provide a 6 year guarantee in addition to the legally required warranty so you can rest assured that in the unlikely event of a failure due to a manufacturing or material defect, you are covered.

I would hope that any responsible bike shop/repair shop would not knowingly sell (and possibly fit?) parts for an unsafe bicycle and it doesn't appear based on their findings that the Hambini team are suggesting that it is unsafe.

Please let me know if you would like us to inspect the bike and I will make the arrangements. We can collect the bike from a UK address but it will need to be boxed, alternatively you could drop it in to our Chessington service centre.

Kind regards,

D*** C***
Service and Warranty Manager
Canyon Bicycles UK Ltd
Unit 72, Barwell Business Park,
Leatherhead Road,
Chessington,
KT9 2N