View Single Post
Old 02-27-20, 11:26 AM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyNH
You ride without a helmet??!! We'll have to get together for a ride, bro! Nobody will dare to fok around with us.

So, what do you suggest? Ask Alexa about organized rides near me, then somehow collect their route slips and put them on a map and then plot a ride that avoids all roads used by these organized rides? Naaah, I'll have to take Fridays off, can't afford that.

That's exactly what I thought. That area is a popular cycling destination, people are not going to avoid these roads just because the Solvang Century is taking place. About 70% of my solo rides are on Santiago Canyon and most of the organized rides in OC use that road. If the organizers were as cranky (or tacky as you put it) as these SCOR guys, my picture would've been all over the internet and probably with a price on my head. I think we all agree that pirate riders suck, but just being on the road during an organized ride doesn't make you a pirate. Totally agree with you Tycho, I won't do that ride even if they pay me the $99.

Im NOT suggesting You do anything, and I dont know what Alexa is. I merely posted a valid response as to some of the issues and Money invloved with organizing a Cycling Event ,and if posting pictures of riders taking advantage of this Event offends you so be it.

BTW, 100% of the Proceeds of the Event go to Charities, so if anyone is getting cheated its the kids and the Heart recipients that benefit from Events like this.

Good to know I wont see you there.