View Single Post
Old 02-28-20, 05:04 PM
jgjulio

Bikes: 2020 Veego 750, 2011 Specialized Roubaix Elite, 08 Trek 7200, Very Old Schwinn Cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Help me choose between two e-bikes

I am trying to decide if I should get the Juiced Bikes Hyper Scorpion bike or the Ariel Class C bike. I like both and although one of my life's motto is "you can have your cake and eat it too. Just buy two cakes", I can't afford two bikes. So I must choose.
A little about me: I am 76 years old and weigh 260lbs. I am losing weight but this is what it is at the present time. I just went through months of hospitalization and skilled nursing for serious infections. I am much better but I am having some mobility issues and still use a walker. I m going through physical therapy and I am told that having a goal of bike riding again is reasonable and attainable.

The Hyper Scorpion is a lower bike and it seems that it would be easier to get on and off and as I age it will (I think) be easier for me to use in the long run.
The Ariel Class C is more of a traditional step-through bike and has a lot of great features for the money.
I realize that asking this question may get me a lot of opinions and biases answers. Although not scientific that is exactly what I want.

Please give me your opinions, biases, thoughts and recommendations.

Thank you

Last edited by jgjulio; 02-28-20 at 05:07 PM.