Old 03-02-20, 08:33 AM
WizardOfBoz
Generally bewildered

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 6.9, 1999 LeMond Zurich, 1978 Schwinn Superior

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked 342 Times in 252 Posts
Aside from the flame wars (cheese and crackers, guys, give it up. No one's attacking you. The argument you are pouring passion into DOESN'T MATTER. Go for a ride!), I had one other observation.

The point pertains to the question Who is Hambini's target audience? Some adult bikies will tolerate 29 minutes of crude language for the one minute of useful stuff. I suspect that Hambini's target audience is the young male bikes who want to be part of the group of "Cool Kids". That is, in their mind, the group of people that know the deep knowledge, along with the secret handshake. To them, the 29 minutes of crude language is not a turn-off, its part of the appeal. Perhaps the heart of the appeal.

When I think about the videos, I think that those of us who are mature and are watching them for the bike info tolerate the crudity and logorrhea, and will think Hambini a bit of an immature jerk. But if Hambini's goal is to attract 12-17 YO bikie zealots, then his videos make sense. I mean, the bike he fixed was a kid's bike (they actually sawed down the crank arms to give a crank length that would allow the kid to ride). Maybe that demographic is his target market, and we ... ahem.. "mature" folks are just collateral damage?

Last edited by WizardOfBoz; 03-02-20 at 01:15 PM.
Likes For WizardOfBoz: