Old 03-02-20, 12:44 PM
The Snowman

Bikes: 2017 Trek DS3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19
Just curious...which car do you like better? Three years ago I went form a Focus ST (which I really liked) to a Fiesta ST which is down by about 60 hp and found that I totally love this car.
I actually prefer the MINI to the Subaru. I originally traded a 2nd gen MINI Cooper S (2009) in for the 2017 WRX Base, which I knew was a mistake after a few months of opwnership. The MINI is MUCH more fun to drive. The WRX was the worst driving car I've ever owned. Everything about it was rough. Hard to steer, hard to clutch, and hard to shift. All three cars are 6-speed manuals, which I love to drive. The MINIs you can throw into any corner at pretty much any speed and come out on the other side. I took the 2nd gen to a track day and I had an absolute blast.

The only thing I liked about the WRX was its initial power. The 2.4L motor threw you back in the seat w/ its 265+ HP (I had an aftermarket Borla exhaust on it, so it probably made closer to 300). The new MINI is pretty quick, but its only a few hundres pounds lighter than the WRX and only has 2/3 of the HP.
Likes For The Snowman: