View Single Post
Old 03-05-20, 11:00 PM
desconhecido 

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked 144 Times in 107 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac
Girly - PrestI...That simple. Just making fun. You have to have a special valve that serves no purpose. At least no one has been able to provide one.

Now that makes sense. Tubular Tires all came with PrestI Valves and when Clinchers came out they could use there pumps that they had for there Tubulars and wanted something familiar. But it was just a carry over from Tubulars that made people feel racy. That is what I am talking about. Something carried over with no real purpose and people just keep on doing it and don't know why. Just because that is how it was done in the past even though it was an entirely different tire. I do not agree with that.

I do not know the proper spelling,I just learned of this, but the "Lezine" head sounds like the only way to go. You are the second person to bring it up.(he spelled it differently I believe) I assume you buy just the head and install it on your existing pump. I can look it up but do you know the general costs? That screw on head would be flawless. I have a descent pump with a descent head on it but flip levers have always given me trouble. They actually hurt my hand. This thing should work like a dream and solve that problem completely. The guy posted a picture of it and it really looks good. That flipping of the lever is the worst thing about pumping up tires. Got to get one...Thanks,mjac
Lezyne is the spelling and the chuck that I bought with a hose from Amazon is about $19. The have small pump that will mount on bottle bosses, I believe, with the double ended hose for about $25. One thing you need to know about the Lezyne double ended chuck. It has a pressure release valve for use with presta valves only. If you push it while a shrader valve is connected, it will likely release air as the shrader valve, because of its inferior design, cannot be inflated just with air pressure alone. The spring loaded valve must be depressed. Isn't that depressing?

I get that you don't like presta valves. I've heard that when God made shrader valves he realized right away what a terrible mistake he had made but rather than fix it, he decided it would be easier to just make people that liked them.

As for your attempt to insult people for fun by implying that presta valves are for sissies, it isn't very funny and it's not really effective as an insult. I don't know why you do it. But, I don't know why you like shrader valves either.
Likes For desconhecido: