Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by wktmeow
I just got the Kickr last night.

Going to swap the cassette as it was super noisy for me, my RD may be a little out of whack though, or just not a good match to my chain or something.

I rode it in sim mode with 100% difficulty this morning. The 10-15% stuff was hard but doable, just have to be ok with lower cadence. I dropped down to about 55 rpm to stay in Z2.

Power tracked pretty well with my Quarq, except for some reason on some of the steeper stuff the Kickr read 5-15w high, and on descents it read 5-15w low. I suspect if I put the difficulty back down to 50% it should track really close. Anything between was pretty much a wash between the trainer and the PM.

Looking forward to messing with ERG mode tomorrow
Must think alike. I got a Kickr Core last night. REI. 10% cash back at end of year.

I turned the resistace to 100% and did the greater London route with one of the "hills". Yeah, 12% at actual 12% resistance on a 53/39 ring ain't no joke!

I went ahead and hammered the tougher spots. Having that "over" aspect to climbs now makes it a LOT harder than riding a dumb trainer in Zwift and being able to nail a zone down and maximize your power output. Having to go over some lowers the overall.

It was fun. Can't wait to use it when I have my fan running and can actually make some power! And the kids aren't watching their stupid before bed show on the big-screen TV.

I'm totally going to build a rocker plate. At first I thought building one you would lose power in the motion. However, it seems to claim through muscle recruitment improvements and muscle rest in the "sway" you actual put out a touch more than a rock-solid stationary. Hmmmmmm. Don't really care, I just want it to move a touch.

Can't decide if skateboard trucks method or rubber isolator style.