Old 03-12-20, 11:32 AM
bingsu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jipe
The wheelbase of this 16" (ETRTO 305 I think) Revelo is much too small, much smaller than a Brompton for instance what could cause the "flip over" that never happen with a normal bike with good brakes and an experienced cyclist due to braking.
When this happens, its due to something else that blocks the front wheel like a deep pothole for instance and in such a case this anti-lock is useless.

The other cases of front wheel blocking is slippery surface and I wonder what this anti-lock will do in such a case ?

Its not normal that Revelo doesn't provide the geometry and sizing of their bikes.
I know 2 bikers throughout my life who have flipped over because they hit the front brake faster than the back in an emergency. In those cases I definitely see the usefulness of the anti-lock. So wouldn't say it's useless.

When I get the 20" version I'd be happy to put it to the test. I rode it through the massive puddle in the parking lock during the test ride more like an hour and it worked fine. I'll try it after wetting the surface and report back.

Agree about the geometry comment missing from their site.