View Single Post
Old 03-15-20, 02:46 AM
denada

Bikes: '07 jamis venture race, '19 trek fx sport 4

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 22 Posts
i'm eventually going to edit my videos into some sort of project, but so far i've just been uploading them on to youtube. contributing to the garbage of the internet. i wonder if youtube will eventually tell me i've hit some storage limit. probably not. i've use blogger.com (owned by same company) for image hosting for almost 10 years, and they haven't stopped me. google wants all the content it can get. i'm going to buy an 8tb external hard drive specifically for storage of bike video. they're less than $200 now days. looks like you can get one for closer to $100 if you keep an eye out for deals.

i enjoy watching my videos after. remembering how nice the day was.

switched from a session 4 to an 8 black. the difference in video quality is significant. today was my first day using the 8, but i got a gopro employee to explain to me how to use the gps overlay for future videos.

the challenge was coming up with a stable mount that i could remove in 5 seconds. because living in chicago, when i lock my bike up to go in to a store for even five minutes, i take every electronic piece on the bike with me. solution was the gopro "protective housing." on their website it says it's $50, but i know i didn't pay anywhere close to that. i click it open, take the camera out, and am on my way. i doubt someone is going to snap the housing off walking by. would be broken and worthless if they did.

lots of talk about recording for evidence in this thread, and that's a bonus. i'm more into the video of the city from my bike. chicago is beautiful.

i got two batteries and a dual charger. that was big in deciding to give up the session, which has a non-removable battery. with two batteries, i get two hours of 4k or four hours of 1080. works for me.

i saw someone mentioning at what resolution you can see license plates in this thread. with the gopro 8 black, that's far from an issue at any setting.

Last edited by denada; 03-15-20 at 03:12 AM.