Old 03-15-20, 10:21 AM
August West

Bikes: Domane SLR7 Project One

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by N00b_Cyclist
Hopefully yours brings you as much joy as mine does for me.
I've had the bike for about 5 weeks now and absolutely love it. Since I ordered it without having a test ride on an SLR 7 available I kind of figured it would be a lot like my 2019 SL 6 but with paint I love and Di2. But even though the specs say it should be almost identical I'm finding it much more comfortable. Not sure if something in the setup got tweaked to the good or what but I'm not complaining.

This is my first bike with Di2 and love it more than I would have guessed. My previous Ultegra bikes shifted great but this is a whole new level of precision.

I'm also appreciating the adjustable rear Iso-Speed. We set it about halfway when new but I moved to about 3/4 soft and it really does make a difference on the crappy roads I ride about 50% of the time.

When I first read about the downtube storage for the flat repair kit I thought it was a bit gimmicky but it turned out to be one of my favorite features. It has allowed be to lose my saddle bag giving the bike a nice clean look which I like. I do carry a couple of extra CO2 cartridges plus a few other small items in a Lezyne Caddy Sack Small in my jersey pocket which works out great.

The color is all I was hoping for and more.

The mechanic that assembled my bike had a bit of a mishap when wrapping the bars and snapped the stock tape in half. No big deal to me but he felt awful since that wrap is not available to order aftermarket so I had them wrap the bars with Bontrager Grippytack with white dots since they didn't have red in stock. The mgr told me to pick any tape I wanted and they would get it in and rewrap the bars. But after riding the Grippytack for a week I found I really liked it. Not as cushy as the stock wrap but very grippy and I found I liked the control is gave me better so I just had them get in the same tape but with red dots. The camera makes it look more pink for some reason but they are red.

About a week after getting the bike I had bottle pop out of my previous bottle cage on a fast, rough decent which spooked me a little so I added the pair of Bontrager Elite cages which you see in the photos. They were a few grams heavier but hold my previous generation Camelbak Podium Chill bottles as well as standard bottles very securely.

Although it was a lot of money I have absolutely no regrets about this purchase.

Last edited by August West; 03-15-20 at 10:29 AM.
Likes For August West: