Old 03-17-20, 04:43 PM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Rides4Beer
I'm thinking about it, the new Defy can handle up to 35mm. So I could run 32mm GP5Ks that would prob measure out to 33-34mm and be good.
This isn't a hard prediction to make: if you try it, I think you'll love it. If you've been riding 25mm the step up to 32mm isn't subtle.

I haven't tried GP5Ks yet. I liked GP4Ks, but haven't yet worn out the Compass (now Rene Herse) Stampede Pass 32mm tires currently on the bike. I'm loving these tires so much I'm not sure I'll buy anything else when these ones are finally done. If anything, the most likely replacement for the 32mm Stampede Pass tire will be the 35mm Bon Jon Pass tire. I may try out the 32mm GP5K just to see what it's like, though. The Compass/Rene Herse tires are spendy, but for things I'll use for hundreds of hours if it brings a noticeable benefit in comfort or safety, I'm down. I remember when I rode Gatorskins back in the day, and then tried the GP4Ks. Sure, I had a few flats with the GP4Ks that I might not have had on Gatorskins, but that's momentary pain that only happens every once in a while, while the harsh, dead ride on Gatorskins is something that's with you hour after hour, day after day, month after month. No thanks.