View Single Post
Old 03-18-20, 03:03 PM
MNebiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 152 Times in 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Bikerider
“It takes the suck out of riding.” You mean like turning over the pedals and breathing harder when you go up a hill? There is no suck in riding. May I introduce you to a thing called a motorcycle? Goes fast, no suck, wind in your face. Or even better, this thing called a car. No wind, no effort, can go up hill with only the effort of your little toe. My favorite MUP is being over run by speeding ebikers and I don’t like it. There are kids and walkers and real bikers who might agree with me.
Another standard anti e-bike rant by a "real biker."

I am 81 years old, have ridden bikes all my life. I even worked as a bike tech for seven years after I "retired" from my regular occupation. A few years ago riding became a lot less fun when age caught up with my knees, so I switched to a pedal-assist ebike. With the ebike I can continue to ride, the bike is totally legal, and I don't terrorize the bike trail. In fact, the biggest scares I have had on the trails are from "real bikers" riding like idiots and running people off the trail - and I have helped pick up a couple of them when they took a corner too fast.

And just for the record - I consider myself a "real biker" but not an arrogant one.

Last edited by MNebiker; 03-18-20 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Sp
Likes For MNebiker: