View Single Post
Old 03-20-20, 09:28 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,025 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
Still contemplating whether to ride tomorrow or not. Logic and everything thing I have read is that it is safe to ride if you keep your distance (6 feet) from others. At this time, our healtcare system is not overloaded (yet), so if I were to crash, I'm extremely unlikely to place any burden on them. So I'm inclined to go ... based on the best information I have. Others have expressed the opinion that no one should ride at all and to risk a burden on the system is selfish. I would agree if we were overloaded at this point, but we are not.
I'll be riding tomorrow, hoping to get on the bike twice. A 35 miler in the morning and another 12 miles on road or an hour off-road with the kiddos later. There's enough of a wind around here that I just don't see anything hanging out in the air that by the same logic wouldn't get me in the yard and I'm going stir crazy from having them locked up except for rides for the last week and so are they.
Likes For Russ Roth: