Old 03-24-20, 09:29 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,115 Times in 1,683 Posts
45-miler in the escondido/lake wohlford area. pavement at the bottom of lake wohlford (first half mile) is pretty wretched. ascending it is doable but i'd be really
really careful on that last part of the descent. some big chunks of asphalt missing. pavement improved on the ascent (and descent) once around the corner and
you can see most of the remaining ascent and was newish once north of the guejito road intersection. woods valley road heading west was a blast as always. lots of
debris in the wide shoulder on the descent of valley parkway. originally planned on riding harmony grove road and looping around to climb double peak and descend
to csu san marcos and see how i felt. come to find out harmony grove is closed until 3.31 and from what i could see, it could be longer. blew off the original intention and
utilized the handy dandy escondido bike path(s) that goes from harmony grove road all the way to el norte pkwy (about 7 miles) and then to lake wohlford.

Last edited by diphthong; 03-25-20 at 07:40 PM.
Likes For diphthong: