Old 03-28-20, 02:23 PM
Alzerbster

Bikes: 2021 Verve 2018 Cannondale Adventure

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by CyclingBK
Prego bottle? That’s absurd, that stuffs nasty.

How about Rao’s?
Rao's is good stuff but pricey.

Just a note on chain lube. Last year bought a new bike and got into bike riding, solely on Pa's rail trails, which 90% are crushed limestone. After riding 700 miles I decided to check chain wear, thinking my chain was going to be fine, because I often cleaned with a Park chain cleaning tool, and lubed often. Well when I checked my chain, I found that it was wore pretty bad. They only conclusion I had for my rapid chain failure was the lube I was using collected the fine limestone grit and coupled with the lube it turned it into a grinding paste. So I got a new chain, and went the hot wax route. After getting the new chain on, I had chain slippage on three of the most often used gears on the cassette. Looking at the cassette, I couldn't see wear, but it was obvious the worn chain wore the cassette enough for a new chain to slip. So replaced the cassette. Just 700 miles of riding wore both the chain and cassette. I don't think I will ever use a wet lube again for the kind of riding I do.
Likes For Alzerbster: