View Single Post
Old 03-28-20, 06:38 PM
CO_Hoya 
Señor Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 303 Times in 151 Posts
Progress. I managed to find spokes of the correct length, and laced up some wheels.

I donated the original rims (unhooked Araya 27”) back when I acquired the bike, since they weren’t rated for high pressure (>75 psi or so) and since I planned to switch to 700c.

Thinking back, I probably should have hung on to them, to keep the originality of the bike and so this build would have been easier.

Since I have to abide by what I have on hand, I only have two matched pairs of 36h rims, and one set is already allocated to another project.

I picked up some 27” CR-18 rims locally a few months ago (from another C&V BFer), so that’s what I’m using here. And I had a pair of new 27” Pasela Panaracers that have been hanging on a peg for several years. Perfect.

I also hung some more bits on the frame: stem, seat post, derailleurs, cable guides. I turned the original Cyclone RD into a long cage, since I had a couple of GT versions in a bin and the conversion is straight-forward (no pic of that yet). That will give me the option of switching to a triple later. Anyone know the largest rear cog for a first gen Cyclone?

That may be all I have time for this weekend, but closer to rideable.
Likes For CO_Hoya: