View Single Post
Old 03-30-20, 07:35 AM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Slightspeed
Trying to ride to stay healthy, we did a 4 rider social distance ride yesterday. 26 miles, from Moorpark, CA, over the hill to Simi Valley and back. It was a great day to ride, and we all needed to get out a little, especially one of our riders, a Kaiser doctor. We all kept our distance, no Starbucks stop, good times, in the midst of bad times everywhere. The bike paths and most trails, parks and beaches are closed in LA County, but in neighboring Ventura County, at least the bike paths were open. Stay home, stay healthy, ride if you can.

Empty bowling alley parking lot.

Bad selfie, but socially distant.

Reagan Library, Simi Valley, top of the hill.

Social distance ride break.

Uncrowded bike path is still open.

Last year's fire damage, new growth this year.
Originally Posted by randallr
Rode Flagstaff Mtn from home Saturday, bought a coupla GP 4 season tires at my favorite bike shop on the way. Didn't really need them yet, but wanted to do a little economic stimulus. Really beautiful, fresh snow all around so turned back at turnoff to the Amphitheater. First ride in the mtns this year. Joyful.
Originally Posted by SethAZ
Had a great 32 mile ride yesterday, doing that particular route for the first time since getting back on the road from being out of the country for a year.

There were tons of cyclists. There were quite a few whole families out on bikes where I was riding, especially the mile or two that were on a MUP, but even in the neighborhoods it seems a lot of folks were out riding. It was a fantastic cycling day, in the low 70s and clear.

I had to ride this particular route one last time out of nostalgia, because it was my go-to route for regular mid-distance mileage in recent years, and I'd ridden it many dozens of times. While I was gone they extended a particular major road out by where I live so I'm going to modify the route, cutting about a mile off the distance but eliminating two left turns across highly trafficked roads. It'll be inconsequentially shorter and slightly safer from now on. I'll ride the modified route this coming week, make a Strava segment out of it, and hopefully rack up dozens of rides on it in the coming months.
Originally Posted by friday1970
Very windy yesterday here in SE Michigan. 40mph+ gusts were creating a lot of havoc for us cyclists. some even almost blown off their bikes. I got a 57 mile ride in, 20 miles of it into the strong headwinds. And rain started to fall towards the last few miles of my ride. Not one the best rides, but it was still good to be out.
Since this whole virus thing started, I still have not backed off my riding. If anything, I'd rode more due to the lighter traffic on the roads.
r

A nice ride is good for what ails you.