View Single Post
Old 04-01-20, 12:46 PM
aclinjury

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnk3
I just got my Cicli Barco XCR frame and in the cardboard packing of the frame was a lot of Columbus tubing boxes, one of which had "Cinelli Super Corsa" written on it in black marker. I can only assume that Barco makes that as well.
interesting! but yea possibly. Barco has a close relationship with Columbus, and Cinelli and Columbus are pratically the same company.
Here's something else interesting. I remember asking my seller (in Hungary) about the progress of my Cinelli XCR and why it was taking longer than expected, the seller said that the frame was triaged to be painted, but that their painter guy got sick and so production was being held up a bit. Now I don't know if there was only 1 painter or many painters, or if the painter is from Cicli or from Cinelli. It was just something interesting to hear.

I'm interested in seeing a pic of your bike. Did you order it from an American distributor?
Did you order your frame from way back and just now received it? Italy has been under lockdown.