Old 02-06-06, 12:37 PM
Oni
Wannabe Msgr.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Issue with my Axle

So, I have a set of Suzue Pro Max hubs that I've been riding for a little more than a year. About 4 or 5 months back I had this problem where the threading on my axle got a little chewed up and my track nuts, rather just spinning off would get stuck on the axle and screw up my hub adjustment while I continued turning them. Finally figured out what the deal was one day when I crushed the bearing inside the hub and it wouldn't turn anymore. Luckily I had cartridge bearings.

Anyway, got the whole deal replaced at my LBS only to have it happen all over again 2 weeks later. Talked to a couple different mechanics and they both thought the problem was that the nuts on my axle were the wrong size. If this is the case, I intend to have the mechanic who replaced the axle, bearings, and axle nuts replace it again and give me the right size nuts.

But I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem or has any idea what might be the problem? I thought part of the issue might be that my drop outs are spaced 130mm and my O.L.D. is 126mm, but neither mechanic I talked to said that would be an issue.

~Oni