Thread: Heel pain
View Single Post
Old 04-05-20, 11:26 AM
alank2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I would say it is right on the edge between the back and the bottom. At first I wondered if the heel was just overly dry and maybe it needed moisturizer and sanding or something. I've had that muscle along the bottom of my foot hurt a long time ago (early 20s while rollerblading), but this is not that although my wife says her mom's planar fasciitis was towards her heel. It is worst when I am standing and I bend over with straight legs to touch the floor with my fingers. I can feel it when sitting if I extend my leg and then pull up my toes towards me while extended, but it isn't too bad that way compared to bending while standing. It seems to be one of those things that is worse at first, but maybe once the muscle in the back on my leg stretches out a bit then it better. Right now sitting, leg extended, and pull my toes upward and it is only a slight small sting at the end.

Again, what I find odd this time is that I don't remember really doing anything that would cause it to come back necessarily like I did when I overdid the jump roping 6 months ago - I knew what caused it then. Sometimes I do a quick sprint run when checking the mail and maybe that isn't such a great idea with no warmup.

What I want to do is get in better shape, heal it up, and be more fit so it doesn't happen in the first place.

Last edited by alank2; 04-05-20 at 12:31 PM.