Old 04-06-20, 07:08 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by 596
I used to live in Sedona. I lived at Casa Sedona B&B, my wife and I owned it. Right at the base of thunder mountain. My main ride was West out of town to cottonwood and back up. The loop that starts at 89a at the high school is down red Rock loop and back up again. It's a nice ride with beautiful views of cathedral rock. As mentioned earlier the ride from cottonwood up and beyond Jerome is a blast. Also the ride up 89a toward Flagstaff is a beautiful ride. Just ride up to the switchbacks and back down. Just be very careful of the tourist traffic. Also if you ride South toward the village of oak Creek the road is double lane in each direction with a bike lane in each direction. Just ride down to Bell Rock and back.

Mountain biking is fantastic there. Single and double track every where. I never had any problems with the Jeep tours. In fact, in 8 years I only was passed by one Jeep. There's tons of trails the Jeeps can't go on.

I also did tons of trail running.

Good luck if you are still going.

Thanks and all that sounds perfect......unfortunately we’ve had to cancel the trip. Everything was free including flight, rental car and resort so it was a tough decision! Just bad timing. Unfortunately we’re unable to reschedule the resort so a real bummer. We love that area.