View Single Post
Old 04-09-20, 06:02 PM
noodle soup

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 998 Posts
Originally Posted by SethAZ
I'm not averse to trying again, having already tried twice. My next set of tires will be tubeless ready, so I may well just try running them tubeless and see how the experience goes. Are you willing to reveal what specific tires and sealant you're using?

My bikes live in the garage when I'm not riding, and my garage (everyone's garage, I'd assume) gets insanely hot here during the summer. My experience of dealing with dried sealant is based on two or three experiences of sitting in my garage for like an hour or two picking, peeling, rolling, etc. dried sealant off the inside of tubeless tires. If you haven't had to do that before consider yourself fortunate. It's always possible that different rubber compounds or finishes from different manufacturers deal with adhesion of evaporated sealant differently. I'm willing to change my opinions based on new evidence. I did quite enjoy the feel of the tubeless tires when I've tried them.
I've been on Schwalbe 30mm G-one Speed tires. and Trucker Cream sealant. https://www.truckerco.com/product-pa...-33-8-us-fl-oz

1 tire was cut beyond repair on it's second day, but in the last 14k miles, that was the only issue. I still limped home on that tire(@ about 25psi), but the tire was toasted.