View Single Post
Old 04-10-20, 09:58 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1806 Post(s)
Liked 1,666 Times in 954 Posts
Originally Posted by Pirkaus
First of all, do not ride on a limited access highway, it's too dangerous, and illegal in most araes.
I commuted on a highway for 5 years, the shoulders always had lots debris in them. I would ride so my left shoulder was at or near the white line. I would have the occasional close pass, but for the most part I rode without incident.
Illegal in *some* areas.
Each state has areas where it is illegal for safety & traffic flow reasons, but the cyclist as a tax payer, & citizen has an equal right to the public infrastructure. That infrastructure is there to provide for the greatest good of the whole, not just of those with cars.

Here in Washington: Intstate 5 about 15-20 miles North of Everett, to nearly the Canadian border and any place South of Olympia to nearly the Oregon border is fair game. There is a small section allowed between Olympia & Tacoma as well. Interstate 90 at (or around) Issiquah/North Bend-ish all the way to Spokane city limits has cyclist all the time as it is the most direct route across the state.

I-405 as designated by the "4" & the "0" is the second northward bypass of I-5 in the state & is included in the I-5 bicycle exclusion area.

I-205 is the start of the Portland bypass at the Washington/Oregon. It joins at around mile 10 or so...I think bicycles are forced off around there. Portland exclusion zone, and all that.

I-715 is a spur (the "1") & as a branch is connected to the exclusion area so is likewise prohibited at basically the on-ramp onward.

Every state has a map at that states respective .gov website.

Last edited by base2; 04-10-20 at 10:22 AM.
Likes For base2: