View Single Post
Old 04-10-20, 04:08 PM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3397 Post(s)
Liked 3,750 Times in 1,271 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
Most of the really weird problems on those trucks are the fault of the body control module. That said, I didn't usually do that kind of work. Bang and shake stuff around to see if it reacts. The bcm is under the glove box area.
Originally Posted by LAJ
BCM was my first thought, as well. It's certainly not unique to GM products, that's for sure.
Gotcha. I'll see if anything obviously funky is going on down there. On my way home from work the left signal position on the lever didn't do anything, the right signal position on the lever activated the left side signals, and I lost the hazards. Got to be more centralized than just the signal switch if I lost the hazards, too, right?

Originally Posted by big john
We had problems with the fuse block on several models. What happened to the engine? We had valve problems with the 5 cylinder but I don't remember anyone putting in a whole engine. If it happened it was rare.
Threw a cam position sensor code, got the sensor replaced. Few weeks later it threw the same code. After two days at the dealership and a reported call to GM they replaced the engine due to what they said was "excessive crankshaft endplay". I didn't question it much, mostly because it was just barely still under the powertrain warranty so I was thinking that I'd be okay getting a new engine at 60k if its free to me.