View Single Post
Old 04-10-20, 04:22 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8432 Post(s)
Liked 9,372 Times in 4,604 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
Gotcha. I'll see if anything obviously funky is going on down there. On my way home from work the left signal position on the lever didn't do anything, the right signal position on the lever activated the left side signals, and I lost the hazards. Got to be more centralized than just the signal switch if I lost the hazards, too, right?

Threw a cam position sensor code, got the sensor replaced. Few weeks later it threw the same code. After two days at the dealership and a reported call to GM they replaced the engine due to what they said was "excessive crankshaft endplay". I didn't question it much, mostly because it was just barely still under the powertrain warranty so I was thinking that I'd be okay getting a new engine at 60k if its free to me.
You said it kept running after you turned it off? Could be backfeeding somewhere but might be the BCM. Good luck, if you had a good scan tool it might help.

Saw a Camaro with the 3.4 v6 where someone installed a heavy duty clutch and the extra force would wear out the thrust bearing on the crankshaft. Coming to a stop the engine would stall because the crank would move so far forward it would lose the crank sensor signal. I learned something that day.