View Single Post
Old 04-10-20, 04:41 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
I have researched bike laws in about 2/3 of the continental states, and all of them had some version of the FRAP (Far Right as Practicable) law.

Florida had the widest list of exclusions, ending with something like "or for some other reason".... meaning you could say you had to ride in the middle of the road because of invisible aliens and probably be covered, legally (at least in Florida, where tinfoil is the hat of choice and teeth are optional.)...

Ride where you feel most comfortable. In my experience, no matter where you ride, someone will criticize you. On the road, definitely some drivers will .... and if you mention on this site that you ride anywhere on the road, someone will tell you it is the wrong part of the road.

Probably if you ride on a trainer in your garage, your spouse will do criticize you .... for something. So just stay safe and comfortable.
I have previously posted:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
(from a now-closed thread) I think I have absorbed all the good advice I can for a complete and agreeable cycling lifestyle, and recently I have clicked on many fewer threads than before.

In the past I have offered IMO several useful suggestions about cycling, particularly for winter and urban cycling, to multiple repetitive threads. They are usually lost in the morass of often scores of replies, both in agreement and dispute with mine.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
I’m decades-long, year-round cycle commuter in Boston, lucky to have a reverse commute from downtown to a outlying suburb…

Riding venues for me are situational, and I use my judgement.