Old 04-14-20, 02:08 PM
branko_76 

Bikes: ........................................ .....Holdsworth "Special"..... .......Falcon "Special".......... .........Miyata 912........... ........................................

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked 695 Times in 436 Posts
Originally Posted by Blightybiker
Thanks very much for your replies!

Regarding the brake levers, are you referring to the levers at the handlebar? I have never hear that term "suicide" brake lever and of course it's the kind of term that gets one's attention . Anything that makes the rear brake adjustment easier would be welcome! At the present time I feel like I need a third hand to get near to the optimum adjustment. I did think that prowler's suggestion, of using a clamp on the brake mechanism, was a good one.
If you could provide a web link to the standard levers you referred to that would help me from buying the wrong items.
This is the style of lever I look for to replace those crappy "safety (suicide) levers". These have a "quick release" block at the top of the lever allowing more clearance if you need to remove a wheel that is inflated. Some will have the original hoods, if not, the "Cane Creek" hoods are very nice. There are some levers that have barrell adjusters on top. I don't think you need them, the stock barrell adjusters on the Raleigh work just fine if the brakes are adjusted properly.

https://theeverydaycyclist.wordpress...inmann-levers/

Likes For branko_76: