View Single Post
Old 04-20-20, 05:51 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Not sure why people have so many supposed issues with presta valves.
I think people just adapted to one kind of valve as a kid, now they use the valve without looking at it, their brain doesn't adjust because they're doing it from memory, it's not in front of them. One of them you have to unscrew the mini-valve, the other you don't...like if they got a million dollars to do it perfectly every day for a week I'd bet most of these people would suddenly have issues figuring it out, but they don't, so it's easier/more fun for them to make conversation with everyone about how the new valve sucks. :-)

The one thing I know of that actually sucks about either valve, once you get used to the new valve, is finding a pump that does a decent job at both. I can get a pump that's good with shrader. I can get a pump that's good with presta. But a pump that can switch from pumping one to pumping the other in my garage with no leaking/grabbing at all? Nearly impossible to find. You can't adjust the head right for both...and even the dual-head designs for some reason always seem to be crappy at one or the other.