Old 04-21-20, 04:44 PM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6276 Post(s)
Liked 4,306 Times in 2,414 Posts
Originally Posted by kaiserschmarrn
My derailleur is a Shimano 105 R7000. I adjusted it slightly, but when I took it back to my dealer (it is brand new) to get shifting onto the small back sprocket adjusted, they thought I was talking about shifting onto the small front chainring, so they adjusted the derailleur. I then told them that it was the REAR, so they adjusted the rear derailleur and got that squared away. Right now, the front derailleur is adjusted so that there is a bit of chain contact on the big three rear sprockets and the little three sprockets, but it is actually not split evenly between big and small. There is probably more rub on more big sprockets, but it is not by much. Can all of it on both large and small rear sprockets be totally eliminated?

Danny
The 105 is in the range of fiddly Shimano fronts. Get the installation sheet for your front and follow the instructions precisely. Make sure that the plate on the derailer is absolutely parallel with the chainring.

If all else fails, get a Tiagra front. Front derailers are cheap.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!