View Single Post
Old 04-22-20, 10:00 AM
grayEZrider

Bikes: '13 Specialized Elite, KHS 223, '94 Trek 2120, 92 Raleigh technium, '87 Centurion LeMans, '86 Centurion IronMan, 2019 Canyon Endurace Al

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 37 Posts
donated ten miles short,,,,

Originally Posted by mechanicmatt
...but much like the shelter in place orders let's extend the build due date by 2 weeks.

Absolutely enjoy everyone's bikes so far, most of you are finished building and working out the ride portion of the challenge. Now we all need to work on the good deeds.

Keep up the good work everyone! I thought it always better to have a bike able to ride verse letting them hang there collecting dust.

After overhearing a conversation when ridden to cafe breakfast I donated it to waitress (for husband) who was being stressed by their two kids with new bikes to get out of lock down. So I put together another from a carbon/Al frame trek I no longer trust. It was a wreck salvage rebuilt and wrecked hard again (by me) two years ago. Can't bring myself to throw it out but certainly can't sell or give it to anyone either. So I will use it as a left outdoors beater bike and try to give my nice single speeder to a younger brother. My wife keeps saying "not everyone needs a bike" but since she married me I clearly can't trust her judgement about everything! So I should finish the ride part of the challenge on this.

I had a nice Sora groupset on it when I crashed it and stripped it down to build out a Giant Carbon/Al CFR-1. Which is good, but the Trek rode much better.