View Single Post
Old 04-23-20, 12:08 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by cooker
I'm not sure why you are distinguishing between a vaccine and a "cure".
What if when you broke your collarbone in a bike accident the response was to remove the dead squirrel that you hit so no one else would hit it and go down?! Would that satisfy you? A vaccine is something you give a healthy person so they don't get sick. What if you are one of the sick ones? What about YOU? How long do we accept Middle Ages responses to disease? I am not holding my breath for a Covid vaccine. I personally don't think they can do it. They are going to absorb all the venture capital and investor buy in that they can absorb and by the time we realize it was all just a pipe dream we will have figured out how to live with the virus just like we live with all the other viruses that they haven't made vaccines for. Flu virus efficacy is as low as 45% some years. This is after DECADES of ongoing R&D. Getting to a working virus for something completely new like COVID will take years. Years and years. If ever. Eventually after the shock wears off we will realize that, compared to other things, Covid-19 is no better or worse.